Frequently Asked Questions
1. When should I change my smoke detector batteries?
We recommend changing your batteries twice a year when the time changes.
2. Can I burn yard debris?
Yes you can, but be firewise when doing so and it is best to
contact the Division of Forestry at (850) 957-6140 for assistance.
3. I would like to have the Fire Department present a safety talk to my church, school or other organization.
Please call our office and someone will speak to you and set a date.
3. Can I be A Firefighter?
Yes, to be a firefighter you must be 18 years old or older. Experience is not needed, we will train you for free.
4. How can I receive a copy of an fire incident report?
Please call us at (850) 623-1292 or stop by Station One. Be prepared to give your name, location of the incident, and a phone number so we can reach you. Please be patient, receiving a report may take several days, as it takes time for us to process them through our system.
5. Where is the nearest Fire Hydrant from my Home?
Click on this link.
6. I'm not 18. Can I still be a Firefighter?
No, but you can be a Junior Firefighter. You must be sixteen or older to begin training that will greatly help you when you reach 18 and decide to become an active Firefighter.
7. I would like to have my group take a tour of a fire station.
Please call us at (850) 623-1292. Someone will talk to you and set up a date and time.
8. I would like for the fire department to perform a safety check at my home or my business.
Please call us at (850) 623-1292, someone will speak to you to set up a date and time.
If you have any question, please call our office between 8 am and 5 pm.